Today you will be tested on your spellings. Make sure you have a pencil and paper and use the video below. Remember to send me your score!
Today, I would like you to follow the link below to access work on how to possessive apostrophes . You will also be learning about the polar bear. Remember to watch the video before completing the tabs marked the grammar bit and whiteboard challenges. If you would like to challenge yourself further you can continue with the writing ideas. I am looking forward to seeing the work that you produce.
- What style of writing are you going to write in?
- How are you going to describe the room?
- Are you going to write in first person?
- What would the stuffed animal say about your bedroom?
Starter- Complete the mental arithmetic questions. Set yourself a timer of 10 minutes.
Today we are going to be learning about a famous Victorian composer called Michael William Balfe.
First of all, I would like you to listen to some of his famous pieces of music and answer the following questions:
- What do you like about the music?
- What do you dislike about the music?
- What instruments can you hear?
- What do you think the impact of this music would be?
The bohemian girl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItnbUSIxj6o&safe=true
The maid of Artois: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC3mAKMSrv0&safe=true
Activity: Create a fact file, poster or PowerPoint based on Michael William Balfe. Use the following link to help you:
Today we are going to be thinking about the things that influence the way we behave or live our life.
- What do I mean when I say an influence?
- What other words do we know that are similar?
You might have heard of influencers on the tv or social media. They are someone who wants to encourage you to do something or buy something. An influencer tries to be a positive role model especially if they are aiming towards children or young adults.
Sometimes we may be influenced in a negative way.
- What might that be?
- Can you think of anything that might be a bad influence?
Activity: Write about the positive things that you do that make you a good influence to other people e.g. being kind.