Dear parent / carers,
Please find the way in which we are organising the school day for a return to school for all children from Thursday September 3rd 2020 outlined below. These arrangements are in order to follow the government guidelines and to keep everyone as safe as possible. Please read this information very carefully as there will be a number of differences with how school operated before the COVID-19 lockdown period. Please note that, for at least the first half term, provision for Breakfast and After School Clubs will not be possible.
Children will be taught in class bubbles (in line with government guidance) and will be supervised by the same, limited number of staff each week, as much as possible. The government have made it clear that your child should attend every day and we will continue with our usual attendance procedures so please let us know if your child is ill and will not be at school or if, following government guidelines, your family is self-isolating.
Please see below the information for your child who will be in Rufford Class with Miss Marsh.
Classroom: See building plan attached
Number of children in Rufford Class: 20
Drop off time: 9.00am
Collection time: 3.30pm
Entry and exit to school for children: School Main Reception
Toilet: Toilets through walkway in Creswell Class
Handwashing Area: Sink outside Creswell and Rufford Class
Bringing your child to school
- Children to enter the school grounds through the car park gates
- Children to enter classroom via the main school reception entrance (see site map)
- Only 1 adult to drop child / children (in case of siblings) off
- Each child / children (in case of siblings) to wait with parent at designated spot
- Miss Halpin to be outside, indicating where children should wait and when they should enter the building (ensuring social distancing between households)
- Miss Marsh to be waiting inside to welcome children
- When children have placed their lunchboxes / water bottles at their workstation, handwashing to take place in room at handwashing sink or hand gel to be used by all
- Parents should not congregate or approach staff or the school building
- Any messages from parents for staff members that cannot be given from a 2 metre distance should be sent to the office e-mail
- Parents should leave as soon as their child has entered the school building (please continue to observe social distancing) following same pathway as for entry
- It is essential that the drop off time is strictly adhered to
- Children will start to be admitted into the playground at 8.55am to allow entrance to the building at 9.00am
- Any children that arrive after 9.00am may have to wait with parent / carer for admission at a later time
- Children should only bring essential items into school and should bring their own packed lunches (if not ordering school packed lunch) and water bottles.
Collecting your child from school
- Children should leave school via main school entrance / reception door
- Miss Marsh to ensure that children are out in waiting area at 3.25pm (at their designated waiting points)
- Parents to enter through the car park gates (in a staggered manner, observing social distancing) and walk to collect child from their waiting area, leaving the area when it is safe
- Parents should not congregate or approach staff or the school building. Any messages from parents for staff members that cannot be given from a 2 metre distance should be sent to the office e-mail
- Parents should try to ensure that they adhere to the collection time and communicate any instances where they may be late via the office e-mail
Thank you for your cooperation and for helping to keep our children and staff safe.