Rule: Statutory spelling challenge words
Practise spelling these words ready for our spelling test on Friday.
Today, I would like you to follow the link below to access work on how to modal verbs . You will also be learning about the lynx. Remember to watch the video before completing the tabs marked the grammar bit and whiteboard challenges. If you would like to challenge yourself further you can continue with the writing ideas. I am looking forward to seeing the work that you produce.
Starter: Complete the mental arithmetic questions. Remember to set yourself a timer of 10 minutes to try and complete as many questions as you can.
Listen to chapter 16 of the book: https://st-lukes-church-of-england-notts.primarysite.media/media/chapter-16-boy-in-pain
- Do you think Jim regrets his decision to run away?
- What do you think to the way that Grimy Nick is treating Jim?
- What do you think Jim should do?
- What advice would you give to Jim about the situation he is in?
Grimy Nick isn't a very nice person. He is treating Jim in the cruelest way possible and Jim, who is still a child, is not being cared for as he should.
Today, I would like you to focus on Grimy Nick and choose one of the activities below:
- Write a diary entry as if you are Grimy Nick. What does he really think of Jim? What is Grimy Nick's story? Did he have a bad childhood and that is why he is treating Jim as he did?
- Draw a picture of Grimy Nick and write a description. I would like you to include paragraphs describing him using the five senses (where possible) and his personality.
Sometimes when we are feeling worried or sad we try to think of our happy place (a place where we can go and it always makes us feel happy. It might be somewhere that you have visited and created lots of lovely memories there for example a holiday destination)
- Where is your happy place?
- What is it like there?
- Who is there with you?
- Why is it your happy place?
Activity 1: Draw a picture of your happy place and describe it to me. Write about how you feel when you are at your happy place.
Activity 2: Take 10 minutes to relax. Follow the link below to take part in some yoga.
Answer the reading comprehension in full sentences.